Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Plethora of Pink Blossoms


It’s getting to be that time of the year when so many beautiful blooms are saying good-bye or are already gone, which is always so sad because I love flowers. It’s been a while since I’ve visited one of my favorite places in the world, the Pasadena City Public Library, and I was shocked. These wonderful trees that are usually just pretty and green were like bright pink feather dusters lining the parking lot.

This is obviously the right time of year for trees like this to flower or I suppose they wouldn't be doing it, but I don't know because I don’t have trees like this in my yard since they make more of a mess than I want to clean up after, but they sure were beautiful.

P.S. - If you've seen the Three Amigos, you know what it means to have a plethora! If not, El Guapo will explain it for you here: Plethora YouTube!

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Thanks for entering my giveaway! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are Crepe Myrtle trees..also called 'Lilac of the South'. We had the everywhere in Texas and also here in Virginia. They come in many colors..my favorite and one of the hardest to find is the Grape Koolaid colored one. I have alsway loved the word 'Plethora' kudos to whoever came up with that word ;-)

    ReplyDelete