Friday, October 16, 2009

Elsewhere By William Peter Blatty


By William Peter Blatty


I just love a well-written horror story. You keep reading as the shadows deepen around you, and by the time you take a breather to make some tea or use the restroom, the shadows dominate the room and the hallway is dark as a tomb. Yep, I love that, except when I'm home alone and the wind is blowing and the house is making creepy noises.  This is one of those horror stories that take me back to my childhood when scary things hid under the bed and I slept with the blankets up over my head.
Elsewhere is a classic suspense-filled haunted house story by one of the masters of horror William Peter Blatty, author of the Exorcist.  It’s the story of a real estate agent, author, psychic, and psychologist on a ghost-hunting expedition gone awry. I don't remember any blood, though there might have been a paper cut, but I don't think so. Just empty hallways, a creepy maid, bangs and bumps in the walls, a Ouija board, priests, and all laced up nice and tight with unanswered questions.  Even when you have an idea what’s going on, it still keeps you captivated and that’s all you can ask for from a great story.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good! I am searching for my next good read and your post was just in time. Oooo, I love that fun/spooky curled up on the couch thing too. I will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete