Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Woman in Black

Harry Potter, you rock…or Daniel Radcliffe, as the photos didn’t move when he was reading the newspaper and he had to use candles to walk down the scary dark hallway.

Daniel plays Arthur Kipps, a young widow with a little boy that is sent by his law firm to resolve an estate in a dark, scary, wet corner of England where he finds a village dealing with a crisis.   
Okay, it was scary. Sort of glad-I-didn’t-go-alone scary.  I jumped (and screamed) on a number of occasions, and actually went fetal at one moment, though I'm not sure which. 


I wish I had paid more attention to the villagers when there was mention of having seen the woman in black.  I wouldn’t say it would be worth paying to see it again to actually see the villagers’ reaction, but it is important to the haunting and deaths. As an aside…Why would you live there if you know your kids could die a horrible scary death? Or, for that matter, why you would fill a child's room with scary-looking dolls!

This movie did not disappoint me, but I was disappointed in the ending.  I'm not sure how they could have made it any different, though.  Also, it didn’t stay with me.  By the time I went to bed, I was able to turn the lights off.  Could I have waited for it to come out on video?  Sure.  But it was a great scare in the scary dark movie theatre that I wouldn’t have felt at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment