Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quote it Sat: The Graveyard Boy

Quote it Sat is a weekly meme hosted by Leslie at That Chick that Reads in which you can quote from anything really. Favorite books, people, just anything that you like! 




Anyway this week's quote is from...
The Graveyard Boy
By Neil Gaiman








Bod shrugged.  "So?" he said.  "It's only death.  I mean, all of my 
best friends are dead."
"Yes." Silas hesitated. "They are.  And they are, for the most part, done with the world. You are not. You're alive, Bod.  That means you have infinite potential. You can be anything, make anything, dream anything.  If you change the world, the world will change. Potential.  Once you're dead, it's gone. Over. You've made what you've made, dreamed your dream, written your name.  You may 
be buried here, you may even walk. But that potential is finished."


This is where I am right now in my life.  Reminding myself that I have infinite potential.  Not the thought I thought I would be thinking starting my Halloween morning, but there you go.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment